How To Get Lost in Tortugeuero Village, Costa Rica
Travelers on Costa Rica tours have a range of rugged destinations to choose from among the country's many rainforests, beaches and mountains. Brandi Merchant, Latin America Destination Expert, suggests taking it one step further and getting lost in the remote cultural offerings of Tortuguero Village. Here's how:
- Access the remote area by foot. Surrounded by Tortuguero National Park, there are no roads that lead into this part of the country.
- Get on the perfect trail to explore the area. Bordered by the Caribbean Sea, Tortuguero Villages' homes and shops are spread along a series of small footpaths.
- Catch a children's soccer game and cheer them on.
- Go fishing. The area's pristine waters warrant great fishing opportunities, with many past guests coming away with catches they could be proud of.
- Relax or make a sand sculpture. Tortuguero Village's seaside location offers beautiful beaches where you can soak up some of that nice Central American heat.