• Drink lots and lots of water before, after and during your flight.
• Try to get some sleep on the plane. Bring your pillow, wear an eye mask or earplugs if you have to.
• Don’t eat too much before or during flying – but also don’t eat too little!
• Avoid caffeine... cut out the coffee, tea and soda.
• Avoid drinking alcohol beforehand or during – this one is important!
• Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate... flying strips your skin of most of its natural moisturizers so pack a small thing of lotion in your handbag.
• Napping – once off the plane resist the urge to fall asleep for hours. You want to get your body adjusted to its new time zone. Instead take a short nap – no longer than 30 min!
• Exercise or go for a long walk before your flight.
Remember these tips and you’ll be well on your way to avoiding jet lag and enjoying your vacation!